Supercharge your plate with this rainbow salad from our favourite Instagram foodie
A student dietician hailing from the coastal town of Lennox Head, Ellie Bullen’s feed is filled with ravishing raw treats and wholesome vegetarian dishes that have us drooling daily.
The passionate young foodie whips up colourful, easy eats that are as healthy as they are Insta-worthy. “I try to live by a plant based diet, thriving off fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds and grains, yet also enjoying all things in life in moderation.” Double tap.
Rainbow Bowl of Abundance (serves 4)
6 radishes (sliced)
1 large carrot (spiralised)
1 red capsicum (sliced)
1 large avocado (sliced)
2 cup red cabbage (sliced)
1 cup sprouts
1 orange (skin removed, sliced)
2 cup rocket leaves
1 cup raw brocoli (chopped)
1/2 butternut pumpkin
1 cup quinoa
1 can of brown lentils
handful fresh coriander
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp sesame seeds
salt and pepper
2 tbsp tahini
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, line a baking tray, chop the pumpkin into cubes, toss with oil and cinnamon in bowl, scatter over baking tray and place in oven for 30 minutes, or until baked.
2. Meanwhile, drain the lentils, toss in a bowl with the cumin seeds, sesame seeds, a touch more olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the lentils to the baking tray with the pumpkin and return to oven for another 15-20 minutes.
4. Slice the remaining ingredients (as directed in ingredients list).
5. Rinse the quinoa, add 2 cups of water to a pot, boil and add the quinoa, cook for 20 minutes or as per quinoa packet cooking instructions.
6. Add the tahini and lime juice to a jar, seal and shake to combine.
7. Assemble all the salad ingredients in bowls in separate piles, (see picture). Add the quinoa, pumpkin, and lentils. Drizzle the tahini dressing over the bowls, and most importantly, sprinkle some love!